Rugby School For 11-17 Year
Founded in 1567 Rugby School is one of the oldest and most prestigious schools in the world. Famous not only for being the place that Rugby was invented but also as the school that started Lewis Carroll and Rupert Brooke on their literary journey. One of it’s Headmaster’s, Thomas Arnold, also wrote Tom Brown’s Schooldays and he is send to have been the inspiration for the foundation of the Modern Olympics.
Time to central Rugby: Less than 5 mins
Transfer times: LONDON - 2hrs30mins, LHR - 2hrs, LGW - 2hrs30mins
- Single, twin and multi bedded with bathroom ration 1 : 4
- Common spaces in all houses
- Free laundry service
- Plenty of choice at meals
- Average students per class: 16.
- English levels: Elementary - Proficiency (programme can be adjusted to lower English levels)
There is 24 hour security on site provided by the school and these can be contacted in an emergency. All our staff are residential and live in the same houses as the students – this means that there is a memberof staff on call at all times. All accommodation buildings are locked and accessible only by key or card. Everyone is also provided with a 24 hour emergency number which will be answered by a senior member of staff.
- Students are broken into smaller groups to encourage teamwork and communication.
- The focus of all our classes is communication and we encourage our teachers to plan lessons that facilitate this.
- Mixing with students from other countries is fun and easy for students to practice what they have learnt or already know
- 24 hour security and CCTV monitoring of all the boarding houses